Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Where I'm at now...

Hi world! It's been a long time since I posted. I've been crazy busy but I want folks to know.. I have been trying hard to pursue the life I wanted and I can say I'm very happy with the community I have found in Queens.

For the last three years, I have been working with South Asian Youth Action leading and developing youth programs for mostly recent immigrant South Asian youth like myself. This kind of work has given me a tremendous amount of validation while allowing me to put my life in contest.

Aside from work, I've been continuing to document communities and work with different mediums including photography. You can check out my website here and a recent video I created for Holi (the festival of color) in nearby Richmond Hill community here!

I'm also working with a group of folks around food justice issues here in Queens and Elmhurst. Our group was formed after one of the Occupy Queens assemblies.

Lastly, I'm now living with 4 other amazing dynamic people. We help support each other, grow vegetables, throw bad-ass parties and have time to be creative. You can see what we're up to here.

No comments: